WELCOME TO DARNESTOWN
Official Website of the Darnestown Civic Association
**PLEASE NOTE: DCA’s Change of Address 14100G Darnestown Road Darnestown MD 20874
The DCA is committed to support diversity, inclusion, and equity within our association and across our community. Discrimination has no place in our community. We encourage civil engagement. We work to facilitate community discussion with local governing officials who make policies. Our job is to welcome a community of different voices where freedom speaks and equal justice is served.
Sept. 22 | 7:30 p.m.
DCA Town Meeting
Details coming soon
Oct. 7 | 6:30 p.m
51st Annual Hoedown
Smokey Glen Farm
Nov. 11 | 9:30 a.m.
Veteran’s Day Breakfast
Santa comes to Darnestown and Tree Lighting
Details coming soon
Purchase 2022 Hoedown Tickets!
- Select ticket quantities after clicking “Buy Now”
- To purchase member and non-member tickets, please complete multiple transactions (e.g. two members would require one transaction, 1 member and 1 non-member would require two transactions)
- Purchasers will be added to list at door!
We are looking forward to seeing everyone at Smokey Glen Farm for the Hoedown!
County officials are elected to support the interests of their constituents – please submit this electronic letter to ensure they are supporting yours!
Below is an important message from DCA President, Scott Mostrom. Please watch and share!
Coronavirus (COVID-19) Information References
In this unprecedented time, the DCA wants to make sure all of our residents have the resources to assist with prevention, preparedness, and support resources, as well as stay abreast on the latest closures and cancellations. The following links to Montgomery County, State of Maryland and CDC websites offer a wide range of information and resources.
Montgomery County Department of Health and Human Services – The definitive authority on disease for the county government – includes the latest information and updates on the County response as well as testing and resource details.
Volunteer response to COVID-19/Coronavirus – Tip on how to be a good neighbor during the COVID-19 (from MC Volunteer Center)
MCPS Coronavirus – includes MCPS-related updates, resources and FAQs
MCPS COVID-19 School System & Community Resources (.pdf download) – full listing of phone numbers and websites for MCPS support services, including family, school, food assistance, psychological, and medical assistance services
Montgomery County Closures & Cancellations – includes links to cancellations for public schools, libraries, senior centers, rec centers, county parks, and county buildings
MD Department of Health Coronavirus – includes information on prevention, risk, preparedness, and FAQs
CDC Coronavirus – includes health and prevention information and as well as various status updates
Sights Around Town
- We encourage residents to call into Congressman David Trone’s Telephone Town Hall this evening starting @7:00 – call 855-962-1079.This includes public health officials discussing how you can keep you and your family safe and identify additional legislative actions Congress must take. Congressman Trone will talk about the latest updates and experts will join him on the call to help answer your questions about COVID-19
- The DCA will host a virtual ‘Darnestown Town Hall’ meeting this Monday 3/23 @ 7:30 dedicated to the the Coronavirus (COVID-19) situation.On this call we’ll have an open dialogue with residents on the current state affairs – concerns, needs, and discuss the DCA’s efforts and other volunteer efforts to support our town.
- We will follow up separately with other DCA updates that we would have covered in the Town Meeting and will postpone the Thrive Montgomery 2050 presentation for a couple weeks from now.
Details will be posted here tomorrow (Friday) with registration details for Monday’s virtual Darnestown Town Hall.